Friday 16 January 2015

[REVIEW] Feng Yu Jiu Tian [凤于九天] Vol. 4 - [興衰與共] by Feng Nong [風弄]

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Read from January 15 to 16, 2015, read count: 1 


Feng Ming is like a professional escape artist in this book. The Mcguyver of the ancient China. How I love that TV show when I was a kid. I think Mcguyver is so much cooler than the Knight Rider even if the latter that flashy black cheeky car.

That King Li (Ruo Yan) is a deviant soul. His love and obsession for Feng Ming is the epic of twisted love. He enjoys tormenting those he likes. Love seeing the tears and the pain in their eyes. Ruo Yan displays ambivalence feelings towards Feng Ming although he seems to be crazy about the boy and would stop at nothing to obtain him. His interaction with Feng Ming is most interesting to watch. That's why I like it most when both of them are together. ←~(o `▽´ )oΨ

Another thing which makes me enjoy the book more is the good relationship between Feng Ming and his gang of friends which incidentally are all his servants and bodyguards. What a lively bunch! I think I liked Li Er the most.

This volume has a couple of sad scenes and scenes of perilous situations that makes me all anxious for the safety of the my favorite characters. Apart from this, Feng Ming met his love rival at last! And she is known as the Most-Beautiful-Woman, Mei Jin. Would her appearance create a rift between the pair of power couple?

All is well and exciting as usual but there are times when Feng Ming would display excessive childish behavior unbefitting of the situation which I don't quite like whenever he does it. Anyways, his other positive attributes far outweighs his negative side. Yes, I am rather biased when it comes to fun and cheeky characters who could stand up for himself and would even display heroism when situation arises. Feng Ming is so lively, I find it hard to not like him. (ღˇ◡ˇ)♥

The reason why this is a 4 stars was due to some possible plotholes which I couldn't quite jive with as said plotholes would make the supposedly smart Ruo Yan and his equally intelligent sister a moron.


* Reviewed on 16th January 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment