Tuesday 18 June 2013

[REVIEW] Cruel to be Kind: Novel by Kichiku Neko

Cruel to be Kind: NovelCruel to be Kind: Novel by Kichiku Neko
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Recommended by: I just love anything everything from Guilt|Pleasure. They produces amazing books.
Recommended for: those who enjoy mind-games couple with high sexual tension with dangerous conspiracy.
Read from June 14 to 18, 2013 — I own a copy, read count: 1



4.6 dazzling stars for the steamy sexual tension and well played mind games. Of course that's shared by its nosebleed worthy illustrations.

What a tangled web it was. The plot is sure thick in this one - the twists and turns would leave you spinning. So, rest assured that this story would keep you on your toes and anxiously guessing away.

The MC, Kaguya is such an enigma and he is definitely not just a pretty face. Sakiyama has certainly misjudged his own capability of owning such an exotic pet. Let's just say, he is a victim of his own vanity and lust.
“He was never harmless,” Sakiyama said. “And that is why I like playing with him.”

“I am not certain if you’re cruel or foolish to do that.”

Sakiyama laughed. “Don’t spoil my fun, Shohei. I’ve not had a pet since I was a boy

“This pet destroyed a multi-billion dollar corporation. Hardly a chewed slipper.”

“Makes him even more exciting to own, no?”

Just deserts can never be better than served cold.

If you are looking for romance, this isn't really for you. Also, most of the sex scenes are raw and rough but fiery hot and sensual even-though pain is ever-present. If you are a romantic and only into fluffy sweet gentle lovemaking, please do not pick this up and ruin the rating. LOL :P

What I love most is the sexual tension vibrating from both the main characters, it was almost tangible. It makes me shudder at times and I like that feeling.

I would highly recommend this to those who likes mind-games or some good mindfucking with high sexual tension wrapped in dangerous conspiracy. I have a feeling that those who love Mind Fuck by Manna Francis would enjoy this one just as much.

I am so adding this to my 'dark-fics' and 'mind-games/mindfuck' shelves.


FRIENDLY ADVICE :
Just wanna drop a piece of friendly advice to would-be-readers of this novel.

Please try to read this story undisturbed in one sitting. It's relatively short and easy for you to manage that.

I am saying this because, I have spread my reading into several days with a long interval in between due to real life bitching on me and all that. When I continued the reading, I got confused by some of the events in the book and that had affected my overall reading experience.

It is wise that you just let the steam builds and maintain it till it reaches its peak for best effect.


WHERE TO PURCHASE :
I got an ebook of it from Kobobooks.com at a 30% discount during their promo at the time of purchase: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Cruel-...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment