Saturday 29 March 2014

[REVIEW] Purified by Brian Robert Smith

Purified
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kynthos-the-Archer by: This is a Review Copy
Read from March 19 to 21, 2014 — I own a copy, read count: 1


Purified has a promising premise and theme, I loved the prose and I think that it could have been great if it wasn't for the weaknesses in the plotting and characterization. I find it difficult to relate to the characters as I felt that their motivations and behaviours are unrealistic. It made me constantly question their actions and reasonings. This is sad because I really do like the premise alot and it failed all because of a wonky execution.

If you wonder about the details to my conclusion especially the part about the plotting, please read this review because I wholly agree with that reviewer -- She. Nailed. It. Although please be warn that the review in the link is somewhat spoilerish.



* Reviewed on March 29th, 2014

*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*
* The author contacted me and extended this Review Copy to me for reviewing purpose.

P/S: I am not going to say I got this book in return for an honest review, because I think the word 'honest' here has been raped and exploited many times over. I am dead tired of it. I deemed that word redundant in a review disclaimer.


No comments:

Post a Comment