Tuesday 27 May 2014

[REVIEW] Stockholm Syndrome (Stockholm Syndrome #1) by Richard Rider

Recommended to Kynthos-the-Archer by: Aimee
Recommended for: Not able to recommend this.
Read from May 22 to 27, 2014 — I own a copy, read count: 1


DNF at 11%. I've tried. I had actually wanted to go beyond 20% to see if things would work out for me and if the writing would improve, but unfortunately it kept grating on my nerves ever since page one. I might try again if I have nothing better to do.

What didn't work for me:

1) Writing Style - it sucks!
- The narrative structure is a mangled piece of framework. To sum up, it was inarticulate.
- Spent half of the time trying to figure out who is talking, who said what. It's a major distraction, a story flow breaker.

2) Characterization - also sucks!
- Absence/lack of motivations in the characters makes it hard to understand them or make sense of their action and rationality. They are so daft it's a pain to read on. I felt like putting a bullet into Lindsay and Pip's empty heads.
- They have zero common sense and the things they do is utterly unreasonable. Brainless bunch really.
- Exaggerated reactions like wanting to pass out just from someone licking cum off his fingers. One would think the poor guy was locked in chastity for eons.

3) Far-Fetched Storyline
- Just too many unrealistic situations to recount. Conflicts was resolved so sloppily that it does not make any sense.
- I am SO not buying the attraction between Lindsay and Pip. This is not even instant-attraction it's sudden-attraction.

Okay so these are the reasons I couldn't go on reading. Besides that the so called sexy scene in the car at the beach gave me goosebumps. Not in a good way kind. Ugh! Pip is just so slutty and Lindsay was behaving like an overexcited fumbling teenager.

I would have to have the willpower of a saint to re-attempt this book again. I am still puzzling over all those 5 stars ratings. What really happened? Why all the rave and hype? Damnit! I am still curious bout this and I am dying to find out for myself. If only I could push on.



* Reviewed on May 27th, 2014

*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment