Wednesday 24 September 2014

[MANGA REVIEW] Hikaru No Go (Book 15) [ ヒカルの碁 15、さよなら] ] by Yumi Hotta

My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Read from September 23 to 24, 2014, read count: 1 


2 Stars because I felt sad for Sai. What happened in book 15 is very unfair to him. It was like he is just a tool, a stepping stone to be discarded when no longer needed. Where is the reward? After waiting for a millennia and this is the answer?

I am glad Hikaru is in a slump now. He should be, as it serves him right since he dared to forget who brought him into the Go world in the first place, tutoring him and encouraging him all the way. I do agree that Akira could be the catalyst to rev up Hikaru's passion to succeed in the world of Go but without Sai guiding him Hikaru could not have attain such heights of success in such a short time.

Actually part of why I am reading this manga after I've finished with its Anime version was a tiny hope that the story in the manga would answer Sai's unresolved wish since the manga does continues where the Anime had left off. The other reason was simply because I am missing Sai very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment