Thursday 25 September 2014

[MANGA REVIEW] Hikaru no Go, Vol. 23: Endgame by Yumi Hotta

My rating: 1 of 5 stars
Read on September 25, 2014 


Frustrating and Unsatisfying manga. I've been DUPED.

I have never before felt so UNSATISFIED with a manga that I have been fairly enjoying. This manga managed to capture my attention eventhough I have zero knowledge about the boardgame it was centralised around. Yet it is also one to let me down terribly.

I felt cheated since I couldn't even have a lick at that dangling carrot the mangaka had used throughout the story to command her reader's interest. Reading this manga has ZERO rewards since characters you root for wouldn't get the prize they rightfully deserved. And the long promised showdowns between important characters did not materialize. What further can I say? I felt duped. It's like telling the readers that hardwork is bullshit and unrewarding. Plus, geniuses can for fuck off!



No comments:

Post a Comment