Friday 18 October 2013

[MANGA REVIEW] Henshin Dekinai (変身できない) by Hitoyo Shinozaki

変身できない
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Recommended by: Mizuki
Read on October 19, 2013, read count: 1


This one blew me away! I can't even 4-star it.

I wasn't really expecting much when I started with it. Then I got surprised by the depth of it. This manga has substance even when it's funny as hell too. Heh, and I nearly cried during a very emotional part  (⌒_⌒;)

Honda-kun is a true man. I admire his conviction and firm approach. I could easily fall for such a guy although I am not too keen on driving one of his tacky custom made modified car - he really needs to get his eyes checked.  (*≧▽≦)ノシ))

Seems like Honda-kun stands out more than the protagonist, Someya in this manga. I do like feisty Someya when he's in drag mode tho. The 'brand new' him was pretty cool too. Someya and Honda does make the perfect pair. They both compliments each other so well and balanced out the imperfection both has and bringing out the best in each other. It's pure blessing to find someone who loves you for who you are, not who you could be.  

This manga has the right dose of comedy and drama and it goes well with Kousaka Tohru sensei's cutesy artwork. It's nice to see cameo appearances from Ayase and Kanou of Okane Ga Nai manga.  


Title:  Henshin Dekinai 
Alternate Title:  変身できない/ I Can't Change / I Can't Transform
Related Series:  A spin-off oneshot of Okane Ga Nai
Author:  SHINOZAKI Hitoyo
Artist/Illustrator:  KOUSAKA Tohru
Year:  2011
Type:  Manga
Volume:  1 Volume (Complete)
Genre:  Comedy, Drama, Gender Bender, Romance, Yaoi
Categories:  Afraid of Being Hated / Cross-dressing / Glasses / Homophobia / Insecurity / Mechanic / Mistaken Identity / Okama / Unexpected Feelings / Yankee
Blurb: Car mechanic and ex-yankee Honda falls in love with Someya, a beautiful okama. Someya promises to go on a date with him in exchange for free car maintenance. Someya planned to tease him since the mechanic was unaware of his true gender, but when Someya reveals the truth, Honda's attitude doesn't change one bit! And now Honda's acceptance has stirred up feelings of affection in Someya!


No comments:

Post a Comment