Thursday 24 October 2013

[REVIEW] Slave by Kol Anderson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Read on: October 22nd, 2013

4 Stars for the realism and for the heart racing intense BDSM scene

Human beings are fragile creatures especially mentally. We do tend to get hurt quite easily and some might even get themselves stuck in a never-ending loop of despair and anguish. Some would attempt to drown their pain with alcohol or even drugs, yet there are those who would seek external pain to counter internal pain. Just like how a cutter would try to take control of his emotion via physical pain. It's an unconscious call for help really. What Jesse, the protagonist did in this story was his way of seeking solace. He is not a stranger to pain and would welcome it as another form of comfort. He is a natural masochist and a true sub. He constantly need to let himself go and for others to take total control of him.

Jesse was devastated and depressed when Matt, his Master cum lover of 3-years dumped him for no apparent reason. To make things worst, his mother's cancer was back and she's fighting for her life and suffering for it. It's not surprising that Jesse being so lost in his mental anguish that he would seek to comfort himself in the only way he knows best; through physical pain and submission. Only what's wrong was the partner of his choice; Noah a reckless dom who doesn't give a damn on the welfare of his sub. He's a greedy, selfish bastard that only knows how to take but not give, that's why he isn't a proper dom nor should he be one at all. He is just plainly a sadist pretending to be a dom. And he is clearly taking advantage of Jesse's current mental state to manipulate him to his own benefit.

As for Matt, he is a commitment phobic dom who just loves to play without strings attached and he thinks Jesse is just too good for him. What he doesn't know is why does he thinks so? Why does he worry so much about the unfairness in their relationship? Deep down inside this confident and commanding man, is just a normal guy and he is clueless as to why Jesse makes him feel so differently.

Actually, I don't blame Matt for letting Jesse go. He has his reasons and I think it's fair and better than just leaving loose ends, encouraging wounds to fester. I'd say he did the right thing then and also later, when he face his own feelings and own up to his mistakes. That's the kind of man I respect.

I like this quote very much <3
I don't belong anywhere.
Doesn't matter where I go or who I am with I am always alone. There is something wrong with me, there has to be because no one else seems quite as miserable at being without a master.

But don't we all owe our freedom to something?

People are slaves, aren't they? To their jobs, to their partners, to their children, even to their lifestyles?

We all have those little kinks that we don't tell anyone about, because we think we're going to be judged for them, and because we're slaves to society's rules.

In a world where slavery is the norm I'm a slave to my needs.

By the way, I like the ending and that epilogue. I really enjoyed reading that epilogue. Thanks Kol ;)

Kol writes his stories with much realism and feelings and this one is one of it. His writings dares you to examine your own principles in life. He isn't shy on the subjects he wish to bring forth for his readers to ponder on.

On the shade of grey... I liked the intense sessions Noah gave Jesse. It made my heart goes all thumpy. *evil laughter* Well, you can't deny the eroticism there right? Even Jesse couldn't. Especially their first session.

And Kol, nice cover. It's Jesse there, truly.



☆✿✿✿✿✿ ****************☆*☆*☆*☆**************✿✿✿✿✿☆

Title: Slave
Author: Kol Anderson
Publication Date: August 16th, 2013
Type: Short Story
Genre: Hardcore BDSM, Romance, M/M, Gay, Contemporary, Abuse, Dub-con, Non-con
Tags/Keywords: abuse, abusive-violent-partner, adultery-unfaithfulness, anal-sex, angst-storm, anthologies_n_short-stories, bdsm, bondage_use-of-restrains, collaring_on-leash, consensual, contemporary, corporal-punishments, dominance-submission, dubcon_noncon, dysfunctional-relationships, emotional, emotional-distress, erotica, gay_mm, hea_happily-ever-after, injury_bodily-harm, insecurity_low-confidence, maledom, manipulative-character, master-slave, multiple-partners, oral-sex, orgasm-denial, pain-pleasure, physical-torture, possessive-partner-master-dom, realistic, resentful-indignant-irate, romance, sadism-masochism, sensual_erotic, slave_slavery, submissive-protagonist, thoughts-provoking, violence, whipping-flogging-caning, willing-slave-pet-sub-partner

Description:
It's the worst feeling in the world, seeing him with someone else. There's nothing I wouldn't do, no limits I won't go to get him back. But he won't give me a chance. He won't so much as look at me because he thinks I don't belong to him anymore.
But that's the whole thing.
I don't belong anywhere.
Doesn't matter where I go or who I am with I am always alone. There is something wrong with me, there has to be because no one else seems quite as miserable at being without a master.
But don't we all owe our freedom to something?
People are slaves, aren't they? To their jobs, to their partners, to their children, even to their lifestyles?
We all have those little kinks that we don't tell anyone about, because we think we're going to be judged for them, and because we're slaves to society's rules.
In a world where slavery is the norm I'm a slave to my needs.
To him.
And I need to get him back.


WARNINGS: HARDCORE BDSM, DUB-CON, NON-CON





_______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: This review is based on an ARC extended to me by the author.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment