Tuesday 22 April 2014

[REVIEW] Doushitemo Furetakunai (No Touching At All) by Kou Yoneda

No Touching At All No Touching At All by Kou Yoneda
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Read on April 21, 2014, read count: 1


Cried a little towards the end. Art wise this isn't my cuppa tea but storyline isn't shabby. A bitter sweet romance filled with doubts and unhappy past.

I was actually bored at the beginning, luckily the pace picks up somewhere in the middle and then the best part was towards the end. At least the courtship was kinda fun to read. Togawa was pushy in his pursuit of Shima. On the other hand Shima who was still recovering from a bad breakup was shying away from Togawa's attention. He is determined to stay away from straight guys at all cost. Straight as a rod Togawa was exactly the kind of guys Shima vowed to steer clear off.

I did find Togawa's sudden sexual interest towards Shima a little difficult to understand even if he has just discovered his attraction to guys and that he is bisexual. The lack of self doubt on his part made me question the plotline. Perhaps Togawa's transition to a bi wasn't tackled well.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment