Saturday 11 October 2014

[REVIEW] The Archers of Kynthos by K.M. Harty

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kynthos-the-Archer by: My Own Story Prompt at M/M Romance Group at GR
Read from August 09 to 17, 2014 — I own a copy, read count: 1



My name is emblazoned on this book and it's my first story prompt. How cool is that?

This story is based on my first ever story prompt. I finally had the courage to try writing one this year for Love's Landscapes the M/M Romance Group's yearly story prompt and writing event where both readers and writers come together creating countless free stories for the benefit of M/M fans.

Since I am those extra deviant type, I had to try my luck fishing for a story that blends two taboo erotica themes together; Tentacle Sex + Mpreg. In my case, it's the best of both worlds for me. Truthfully I have been waiting around for such a story to happen yet I couldn't find any so far. I knew I had to take take matters into own hands for the birth of such sexual boundaries pushing story and hope for it to be a catalyst to bring forth more of such stories in future.

THIS IS MY PROMPT PICTURE:
Artist: Rune Olsen
Sculpture Title: For Everything I Long to Do

I have hidden my prompt under this spoiler tag for the benefit of shortening the lenght of this review. (This is NOT A SPOILER. So click click click):
(view spoiler)


HERE'S MY FEEDBACK ON THE STORY:
I am going to draw a list here on the important parts.
~ Captivity/Confinement: All is well here other than why on earth did they need to be so abusive to the protagonist since he is someone the captor deemed as utmost importance and worth? Shouldn't he be pampered and kept safe for their later depraved usage?
~ Forced Breeding/Impregnation: Rough. Plain torture. There wasn't much details on the impregnation process just rough painful fucking.
~ Tentacle Sex: Uh oh, it didn't trigger my happy button here. Zero erection. Being a tentacles sex fan, getting aroused by those rapey perverted tentacles is a MUST. It's the climax of reading tentacles erotica. Sadly this was more of a horrific torture event than an arousing encounter. Besides I was really hoping for some forced orgasm action especially those forced multiple orgasm. It's unfortunate the tentacle sex here was used as a torture tool instead. Obviously it's a turn-off for tentacle sex fans since we would naturally look for the sensual and erotic appeal of tentacle sex.
Spoiler:
It was quite disappointing that the tentacles creature did not make any other appearances after that rape scene which was in the early chapter. And there's no longer any mention of it throughout the story. It serves merely as tool to produce that singular tentacle sex scene. Yet I did see it as a blessing as the poor MC need not suffer anymore excruciating sex. I would sing a different tune if that tentacle sex was orgasmic though.
~ Male Pregnancy on troubled waters: Love the way the MC struggles to adapt with his pregnancy; trying to come to term with his bizarre situation. Watching his coping mechanism alienates him from the baby in his womb. The explanation on how the pregnancy could occur was a bit vague but I do appreciate it was at least there.
~ Birth Scene: On-page birth scene just as I wish for.
Spoiler:
But FUCK. It's a freaking natural birth! Not that I don't appreciate it. It's just that I couldn't figure out how exactly the MC's plumbing works now? I've read Mpreg story with natural birth before but at least it was made possible with scientific manipulation and the mechanism was explained. Thing is, this story had left this important part out. So... does the MC even take a shit now? O.o
~ Forced Seduction & Forced Marriage: Not bad, I kinda enjoy the angst here. This is where the story rack up points from me.


Why 4 stars then? Well, irregardless of those niggling issues I still find this story to be engaging and interesting. Especially enjoyed the whole drama between the protagonist and his controlling borderline psychotic lover plus his denial about the whole pregnancy thing kept me reading and wanting more.

I am happy to say that K.M. Harty make it a point to deliver everything I've listed on my story prompt and more. For that, I am deeply grateful and thankful for her effort.


Hey, I just found another this other picture which has the view of what's happening at the other end.
Artist: Rune Olsen
Sculpture Title: For Everything I Long to Do

And this one is another perspective with a close up.
Artist: Rune Olsen
Sculpture Title: For Everything I Long to Do

Apparently this awesome sculpture was based on this PHOTOSHOPPED PICTURE
Sorry, I am too chicken-shit to post it here. So you will just need to follow that link to the goodies kay.


BOOK DETAILS:
Author: K.M. Harty
Publication Date: July 22nd, 2014
Publisher: M/M Romance Group
Type: Novella, 24,937 words
Genre: Gay Paranormal Erotica
Tags/Keywords: mpreg, tentacles sex, gods, cult, abduction, captivity, betrayal, mating, forced seduction, forced marriage, forced breeding, impregnation, dub/non-con, rape, torture, male giving birth, birthing

Description:
He was being held down, unable to control the thing that was now on top of him. He didn’t know how many arms, legs or tentacles this thing had, but they were all over him, and in him. With everything that was happening around him, all he was able to do was take what the monster was doing to him. Why they were doing this to him he had no idea, but all he could hope for at this point was death.

This story was written as a part of the M/M Romance Group's "Love’s Landscapes" event. Group members were asked to write a story prompt inspired by a photo of their choice. Authors of the group selected a photo and prompt that spoke to them and wrote a short story.

Dear Author,
He has been down here for a couple of days already; he could tell by the streams of lights through the small openings high up surrounding the edges of the high wall. At first he thought it would be stuffy and hot, curiously it was rather cold. It must be the damp packed-earth wall around him. The wall was at least several metres high. Even so, that was not the only deterrence stopping him from leaving this prison he had been unceremoniously dumped into. He knew that he would be a permanent fixture here unless someone saw fit to release him from the sturdy chain attached to the iron collar resting on his neck.

They would come in two or three persons, at fixed intervals each day, to provide him with sustenance and attend to his personal grooming. He had no idea why they were fastidious about his cleanliness and health. He couldn’t shake off the ominous feeling that he was being fattened up like a lamb before a sacrifice.

Photo Description:
A statue, that looks as if it is floating in water, of a man with an octopus surrounding the lower half of his body. The man appears to be fighting it off and in pain.

This story may contain sexually explicit content and is intended for adult readers. It may contain content that is disagreeable or distressing to some readers. The M/M Romance Group strongly recommends that each reader review the General Information section before each story for story tags as well as for content warnings.



DOWNLOAD THIS FREEBIE HERE:


* Reviewed on October 1st, 2014

*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:*



PREVIOUS COMMENTS on 25th July 2014:
(view spoiler)


No comments:

Post a Comment